Last Revised: April 30, 2021
Any questions in this regard may be directed to the Privacy Compliance Officer or the Data Protection Officer using the contact information provided below.
- HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information as follows:
- Information you provide us directly: We may ask for certain information, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number (collectively “PII”), and other information, from you in order to provide the Service to you, or if you contact or interact with us. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service, and may retain other information you voluntarily provide us with, including but not limited to your comments and other content. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, and as further detailed below.
- Information we may collect and/or receive from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties including third party social networking services. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. We also may collect information about you from third party business partners, publicly available sources and our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Analytics information. We may directly collect information, or we or our third party business partners may use analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service (“Analytics Information”). Please review our Analytics and Advertising Tracking Notice .
- Cookies information: When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your device that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service (“Cookie”). A Cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us and/or our third party business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. A persistent Cookie remains on your device after you close your browser. Persistent Cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your browser’s directions. A session Cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can set your browser to refuse certain Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept Cookies is limited or disabled.
- Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page or other content within the Service. We may also receive log information relating to your device and your use of our Apps. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information (“Server Logs”). These Server Logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. The information contained in Server Logs is used to monitor, assess, manage, diagnose problems with, improve and otherwise administer the Service.
- Clear gifs/web beacons information: “Clear Gifs” (also known as web beacons) are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users. We also may use Clear Gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. You can disable the ability of Clear Gifs to track certain information by setting your browser to refuse certain Cookies. The information allows for more accurate reporting, monitoring and improvement of the Service.
- Device identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart phones or tablets), we and/or our third party business partners may access, assign, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more unique device-specific identifiers, such as a universally unique identifier (UUID) (“Unique Identifiers”). Unique Identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on and/or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A Unique Identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A Unique Identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A Unique Identifier may also be used to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service.
- Advertising identifiers: Advertising identifiers are unique strings associated with your mobile device provided by the operating system (“Advertising Identifiers”).
- Location data: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store location data, which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device (“Location Data”). Location Data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Location Data may be used to personalize and customize your experience when using the Service, facilitate the functionality of certain features within the Service, and to improve the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of Location Data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you electronic messages containing Service-related notices (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, feature notifications, technical and security notices). We may also send you electronic messages containing product and/or service offerings, promotions, invitations and special offers. You can also stop receiving electronic messages (other than Service-related notices) from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications or by changing your account preferences or settings.
- With consent: We may use your information for any other purpose for which you consent.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Who you may choose to share Your Content with; removal of content: Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as Your Content becomes available to the public, except as limited by any privacy settings made available on the Service. Subject to your privacy settings, any of Your Content that you voluntarily make public may be searchable by others. If you remove information or content that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information or content. Please note that such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted (for example, your content or information may remain visible because it was copied and posted or reposted by a third party).
- What happens in the event of a business change: If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
- Sharing certain service type information we collect about you: We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as Cookies, Server Logs, Unique Identifiers, Advertising Identifiers, Location Data and Clear Gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics (such as your name and email address) and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
Please note that Advertisers may ask us to show an ad to a certain audience of users (e.g., based on demographics or other interests). In that situation, we may (i) determine the target audience and serve the ads to that audience, or (ii) provide certain data as described above to the Advertisers to enable them to serve the ads to the target audience. If you respond to such an ad, the Advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
We do not sell, rent, or share PII we collect directly from you or about you from third parties with third party Advertisers for their own marketing purposes, unless you choose in advance to have such information shared for this purpose.
- Data Analysis: We may use third-party data analysis service providers to collect data and to provide information to us on the performance of our Service. These companies may use information about your use of the Service and other websites and mobile applications to compare information about the performance of our Service. These companies do not use personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address or telephone number) when performing data analysis. These companies may also use non-Cookie technologies to recognize your computer, browser or mobile device and/or to collect and record information about your browsing activity, including your activities on or off the Service and between multiple platforms such as your computer and your mobile device. Please keep in mind that your browser settings may not permit you to block the use of these non-Cookie technologies, and those browser settings that block Cookies may have no effect on such techniques.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We care about the security of your information, and take physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you submit via the Service against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Electronic communications sent to or from the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- You control your account information and settings: You may update your account information and electronic message preferences at any time by logging in to your account and changing your profile settings or by contacting us as described in “How to Contact Us” below. You can also stop receiving electronic messages (other than Service-related notices) from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications.
- Access, questions or concerns: If you have any questions or concerns, or if you simply want to know whether we have any of your PII on file, you may contact our Privacy Compliance Officer as described in “How to Contact Us” below. Except as set out in applicable privacy laws, we can tell you whether we hold PII about you. We will allow you access to your PII. We will use reasonable efforts to tell you the source of the information and give an account of the use that has been made or is being made of the information and the third parties to whom it has been disclosed. If you are not satisfied with the response from the Privacy Compliance Officer after making a request, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy laws.
- Do Not Track: At this time, we do not recognize “do not track” signals sent from browsers.
- Managing the collection of your information for Analytics and Advertising Purposes:Please refer to your device’s or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable Cookies, and other tracking/recording tools, including how to reset your Advertising Identifiers and limit advertising tracking. Depending on the type of device you are using to access the Service, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on the device
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR CONTENT
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
- CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) RIGHTS
As of January 1, 2020, if you are a California resident, the following rights as expressed under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) are applicable to you:
- You may request that we disclose to you, free of charge (unless your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive):
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected in the preceding twelve (12) months;
- for personal information that we have collected in the preceding twelve (12) months, the categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- for personal information that we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months, the categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of personal information that we have sold about you, the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold (by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold), and the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose;
To exercise the above right, you must provide a verifiable consumer request by either emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our Privacy Compliance Officer at the address below.
- You may request that we delete personal information about you that we may have collected. To exercise this right, you must provide a verifiable consumer request by either emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to our Privacy Compliance Officer at the address below.
- If you are under 16 years of age, we cannot sell your personal information, unless you (or your parent or guardian if you are under the age of 13) have affirmatively authorized us to do so.
- Usage Data: Analytics Information, Cookies, Server Logs, Clear Gifs
- Identifiers: Unique Identifiers, Advertising Identifiers, Location Data
If you are a California resident and you have questions regarding your rights under the CCPA, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
NEW HAVEN FOODS 8335 Sunset Blvd West Hollywood CA 90069 USA
- EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
If you are a natural person residing within the European Economic Area (“Data Subject”), the following additional rights as expressed under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 known as the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) are applicable to you:
- Personal Data: For the purposes of this section, “Personal Data” means collectively PII, Unique Identifiers, Advertising Identifiers, and Location Data which you have provided to, or otherwise collected by, THE COMPANY when you use and otherwise access the Service.
- Basis for Processing Data: On certain occasions, THE COMPANY relies on the consent of the Data Subject to process personal information. Data Subjects must be at least the age of 16 to consent to the processing of their Personal Data. Data Subjects under the age of 16 must obtain their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to consent to the processing. In other occasions, we may process information when we need to do so to fulfill a contract, provide services or where we are required by law to do so. We may also process data when it is in our legitimate interests to do so and when these interests are not overridden by the Data Subject’s data protection rights (which may vary based on the Data Subject’s jurisdiction). Such legitimate interests include, but are not limited to, operation of our business and services, verifying user’s identity, serving advertisement, improving products and services, analyzing performance, debugging, troubleshooting, and providing customer support.
- Access: You may access, correct, or modify the Personal Data you provided to THE COMPANY and associated with your account. You may do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer as described below.
- Forgotten: You may request to have your Personal Data erased, or otherwise request that your Personal Data not be processed. Please note that the Service, or parts of the Service, may become inaccessible or otherwise not function properly if you request to have your Personal Data erased or not be processed. You may do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer as described below.
- Object, Restrict, or Withdraw Consent: You may withdraw consent you previously provided to THE COMPANY or otherwise object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Data. Please note that the Service, or parts of the Service, may become inaccessible or otherwise not function properly if you withdraw certain consents or otherwise object to ro restrict the processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer as described below.
- Portability: You may request to receive a copy of the Personal Data you have previously provided to us during your use of our Services. You may do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer as described below.
- International Transfers: Please be aware that the information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location.
- Supervisory Authority: If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
For user account related inquiries, please contact our customer support team by email at email@example.com
NEW HAVEN FOODS 8335 Sunset Blvd West Hollywood CA 90069 USA